Are you getting married? Are you from Delhi? If all your answers are yes then you need to register your marriage in Delhi as early as possible to avoid penalty. The couple can be fined up to 1000/- if they procrastinate marriage registration in Delhi. So, if you are already married and you are living in Delhi, you need to register your marriage as soon as possible to avoid legal consequences. Couples are many who think of marriage registration as a laborious task. Though, it is not. In this article, we would discuss how to register for marriage online in Delhi.
Online Registration for Marriage in Delhi
If you have a device with a stable internet connection then you can apply for marriage registration in Delhi on your own. Let us know the steps precisely,
- First, you need to visit the MCD (Municipal Corporation of Delhi) website and create your account.
- After successfully logging in, you need to find the marriage registration tab. Here you will find the online marriage registration form on the right-hand side of the menu.
- Then you need to fill the form with the necessary detail and make sure to provide only the right detail.
Necessary Document Submission Online
When you would apply for marriage registration online, you need to submit a few documents for verification. The documents you need to keep handy are,
- Copy of your voter ID, and Aadhaar card.
- Proof of your date of birth
- A passport-size photograph (recently clicked).
- Address proof documents (it can be your utility bill, bank statement or Aadhaar card, voter ID, or Passport).
- Your income proof (it can be a letter from your boss/employer or a copy of your tax return).
- If you are a foreigner or NRI, you need to provide a copy of your passport and/or visa.
Keep a note here, if you are applying for a marriage registration certificate after traditional marriage then you need to provide all the detail of you and your spouse. You need to submit the document of marriage affidavit of you and your spouse separately duly signed by both. After the successful submission of detail and copies of documents, you need to request an appointment with the DM. You can select the date of appointment in applying for marriage registration and certificate. You need to visit the DM office on the estimated date with all the necessary documents to obtain a marriage registration certificate.
Are You Eligible for Marriage Registration in Delhi?
If you want to register your marriage in Delhi, you should be a Delhi resident and you must swipe vows in Delhi. If you are an NRI but a resident of Delhi then you need to register your marriage within 30 days of your marriage ceremony. You can register your marriage online or offline when you are qualified according to Indian laws.
Marriage is a lifetime commitment. Thus, when you want to secure your marriage from third-party intervention or all illegal activities, it is best to go for marriage registration in Delhi. Marriage registration always ensures social security and lots of legal benefits.