For women, it might be difficult to change their name on their passports after getting married. Though, it is not that difficult. If you follow a few tips, you can easily change on passport after your marriage. Just make sure, you have registered your marriage and you have the marriage registration certificate. Be it a marriage certificate in Ghaziabad, Delhi, Faridabad, or any city else you belong to a marriage certificate is a valuable legal document that a woman would require for a name change on her passport post-marriage if she desires.
Processes Changing Name on Passport After Marriage
When you have already changed your name after marriage, you need to change the name on your passport too. You can either visit the passport Seva official website or the nearest passport office to do the name change officially. Let us come by the steps to get your name altered on your passport after your marriage.
- Firstly, you need to visit the official Passport Seva website to complete your registration.
- Next, you need to log in to your account with your registered ID and password
- Then, you need to click the section “new passport or reissue a passport”
- Then you need to fill out the form with the necessary information and click the submit button.
- Next, you need to go for an appointment. For that, visit the view saved or submitted application screen, click on the pay and schedule appointment option and you are done. One thing, now all payments for passport or reissue passport appointments are done online. So, you need to do the same.
- Take a print of your application receipt by clicking on the application receipt link. A receipt contains the ARN (Application Reference Number) along with the date of the appointment.
Reach out to the Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office on the assigned date with all original documents. Please carry your original and photocopy of the marriage registration certificate.
Which Documents Do You Need to Change Name on Passport?
You need to have the original marriage certificate along with a self-attested photocopy of the same.
- Get your old passport and take photocopies of the first 2 pages and the last 2 pages of the same. The photocopies have to be self-attested.
- Proof of present residence.
- Proof of your education.
- A photocopy of the passport of your spouse if he has one.
And of course, the original and photocopy of your marriage registration certificate.
Value of Marriage Certificate in Name Change on Passport
Carrying the marriage registration certification is very essential for women for a name change on their passport after traditional/court marriage. Your marriage certificate proves your authenticity that you are married and you are clean to go for a surname change.
Though, changing the name after marriage is not mandatory at the present date. Our honorable Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi Ji had mentioned in the year 2017 that no woman is compelled to change her surname after marriage. She can keep her maiden name on her passport post-marriage. But if she desires to change her surname post-marriage, she can do it.
If any woman in Ghaziabad wants to change her name on her passport after marriage, she requires a marriage certificate in Ghaziabad. Marriage Registration Services, a recognized agency in Ghaziabad helps acquire marriage certificates with successful marriage registration at pace.